My Top 8 Tips For Disney World's Hollywood Studios
Updated: Apr 21, 2021
Hollywood Studios has to be the most popular theme park out of all the Disney World Resort park options these days. Undercover Tourist says, "inside Disney's Hollywood Studios®, your favorite stories come to life through highly immersive lands and attractions. Shrink down to the size of a toy and take a wild ride through Andy's backyard in Toy Story Land and get ready to explore a galaxy far, far away in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge."
Today I am sharing my top 8 tips I've learned after visiting Hollywood Studios!
1. You want to make sure that you are reserving your park reservation after purchasing a Disney ticket as far in advance as possible. For example, today, I am writing this in mid-April, and all of the Hollywood Studio reservations are booked through the end of June already.
2. Because of the popularity of the Rise of the Resistance ride in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Disney World is doing a mobile line check-in that occurs at 7 AM each day for the day you are going into the park. Make sure to wake up early! You can check-in while lying in bed, getting ready for the day to begin by logging in to the My Disney Experience app to check-in and request a wait time for the ride.
3. Get to Hollywood Studios at least an hour before the park opens. They often let people in early. Side Note: I recommend going straight to the back of the park to enjoy Toy Story Land so you can get lower wait times. The Slinky Dog Dash roller coaster has one of the longest ride lines in the entire park. Even when we arrived at 7:30 in the morning, the line already had an hour wait.
4. In Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, there is no schedule for when the Star Wars characters will come out, so keep your eyes peeled. I had the chance to see multiple storm troopers, Chewbacca, and Rey when I visited the park!
5. The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is a favorite of mine at the park. The best wait time I had for the indoor roller coaster was during the last hour of the park being open. However, don't let the long line fool you because the line looks longer due to social distancing and does move relatively fast.
6. Another tip for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, make sure to take off your sunglasses, Mickey ears, etc., and put your cell phone into your backpack (if you have one). Wrap the bag around your legs and get strapped in, and it will not go anywhere. The ride doesn't have a locker for you to put your belongings in like they have at Universal Orlando Resort, so plan accordingly.
7. The best bar that I have found at Hollywood Studios is outside of the Hollywood Brown Derby. It is right towards the park entrance, found a little to the right-hand side before you hit the Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. It’s a full bar, and they can make any drink a double!
8. The best food I’ve eaten at Hollywood Studios is at Docking Bay 7 at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. There is an Asian twist to each dish, and I especially enjoyed the roasted vegetable bowl. The cocktails, however, were far too sweet for me. The ronto wraps are a must-get even for breakfast!
Follow me on TikTok for more tips and tricks when visiting Walt Disney World - https://www.tiktok.com/@lexiconoflove?lang=en
Follow me on Instagram to keep up with my adventures and new art listings - https://www.instagram.com/lexiconoflove/
Shop Lexicon of Love Disney-inspired art with FREE shipping - https://www.etsy.com/shop/LexiconOfLove
Undercover Tourist is the perfect outlet to use when wanting to learn more
about Disney World attractions and to buy tickets -
I love using the Coldest Water bottle when I go to the parks -
Elexa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, CJ Affiliate, and Awin, affiliate advertising programs designed to allow Elexa to earn an additional small fee to help support her art business and music school with no additional costs to you.