What I Wish I Knew Before Going To Universal Orlando - Mardi Gras Edition
Updated: May 4, 2021
If you are planning to visit Universal Studios this month for
the last weeks of the Mardi Gras celebration then this post is perfect for you!
Last month was the first time
I'd been to Universal Orlando Resort
since COVID-19 began,
and there are some things
I wish I knew before going back.
Today I'm going to help you,
so you are well prepared for
your trip to Universal this month for the final weeks of the Mardi Gras celebration!
1. Buy better walking shoes - I ended up walking 4.5 miles and I only went to one half of the park. I definitely recommend comfort over cuteness.
2. Bring snacks - The lines for food may be long like they were for me since I wanted to do the Mardi Gras taste testings. The portions were small and it took a crazy long time to get food so I was hungry as hell.
3. Go to a regular bar in the park - I got a "cup" of wine from one of the Mardi Gras food stands and I drank it in about two sips...and it was $6. Not worth it.
4. Buy a rechargeable phone charger - There is nowhere to charge your phone. There are no places to plug in your phone so make sure your phone is charged and ready to go.
5. Go to booths with multiple people working them - Since Universal is celebrating Mardi Gras these booths can get pretty busy. Side note: the New Orleans Booth rum punch in the middle of the park is banger!
6. Do not get the Mardi Gras beads in the morning - It is super crowded! Go to the Student Mel's Diner to get beads. One of the guys on a Mardi Gras float looked like the Duke from Bridgerton which was a bonus. Also, all of the floats only give you one bead so do not hover like a weirdo.
Find Lexicon Of Love Music Art related links here: linktr.ee/lexiconoflove
I recommend these items to prepare
for your trip to Universal Orlando
Click here to buy these comfy walking shoes - https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07C2Y985T/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B07C2Y985T&linkCode=am2&tag=lexart-20&linkId=bbe693011256e78fa063625e919a72e8
Click here to buy the small, portable phone charger - https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00MWU1GGI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00MWU1GGI&linkCode=am2&tag=lexart-20&linkId=62da3bb380b712a07dc30576d6e2f361
I recommend using Undercover Tourist to buy your tickets to
Elexa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, CJ Affiliate, and Awin, affiliate advertising programs designed to allow Elexa to earn an additional small fee to help support her art business and music school with no additional costs to you.